While working in the inner-city of Harlem, NY I kept a blog about the life lessons I learned. Some days I was far too idealistic, while others I was picking myself up out of the gutter. But in the end I'm grateful for it all.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
i feel like i'm grasping for aliveness. those moments or times in your life when you are so overcome with emotion: joy, LOVE, hope...that all you can think about is that moment. for me its been the times when i hold someone i love. when someone puts their hand in mine. when i'm a listening ear to someones dilemma or they to mine. all these human connections. when two people share a moment of time: and both understand the beauty of it. that two people have come together..each from separate experiences and to go on from that moment to keep living their/our separate lives. yet just for a second. or a minute. or if we are lucky minuteS...we...you...me are intrinsically connected. those moments are the beauty of humanness. in which we feel the wonder of being alive. today i find myself grasping for the memories of these moments. but knowing they are unreachable. these moments are not supposed to be relived. we are to be thankful and grow and learn. and stray into more moments of connection. walk into more times of love. and thrive in the hope that these times grant us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment