While working in the inner-city of Harlem, NY I kept a blog about the life lessons I learned. Some days I was far too idealistic, while others I was picking myself up out of the gutter. But in the end I'm grateful for it all.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
3 pencils are in my hair. i'm eating mini m and m's. my office is a mess. i just finished playing with a chinese yo-yo. i took a full hour lunch. cut 225 orange slices. baged 27 cabbages. i'm filling out an order form for a butterfly. i'm happy, its official. today is a happy day. it feels good to be happy. not happy like pretending. or faking it. or half-way. but full on, can't explain it...just plain ole simple happy. i have laughed more at work the past few days. more then i have any where else in recent history. i am officially starting to feel comfortable with my job, and letting myself just let go. when that happened...goodness just flowed right in. its sad to think how much un-happiness the past 6 months has offered me. i'm glad to be back to me. normal me. ok me. joyful me. me who is ready to laugh. to heal. to sleep. to read. to write. to enjoy. to ponder. to exist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's the Stacey Bear I know.
Post a Comment