While working in the inner-city of Harlem, NY I kept a blog about the life lessons I learned. Some days I was far too idealistic, while others I was picking myself up out of the gutter. But in the end I'm grateful for it all.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
i went to a conference once were a women spoke about the word "busy". she told a story of a lady waiting in line to buy coffee behind her one morning. she said the women was crazy impatient...clearly trying to annoy the people in front of her to order faster. the facilitator said that instead of getting annoyed she bought the women's coffee for her (the women was shocked) and said, "welcome to your new life". i love that story. america loves the word busy. how many times do you hear that, "oh how are you?" "oh busy". its easy to be busy, and some how people like to tell people how busy they are. poo. i say challenge yourself to chill. we all have schedules up the wazoo. we all have strings pulling us in every direction. this is life. saying this i respect the person who can take a breathe and enjoy it all. "oh how are you" "wonderful, thanks. enjoying the color of the leaves" how much more beautiful, how much more welcoming, how much more positive. loosen the chains of the american phrases. and let yourself surprise everyone. take the bad and make it good. make the good, great. and let the great multiply. open up...and let your new life be welcomed in. because this is too good to miss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i totally agree. sometimes i feel like we have become conditioned to deal with stress and the crazy busy of life, rather than working to lessen them. we feel weird when we aren't busy and stressed...like it's condition we're supposed to be in for some reason. and if we aren't, we're lazy. so wrong. so important to embrace the good and calm and roll with it.
Thanks for a great reminder at a perfect time! Hope you're lovin' life to it's fullest!
Spain=chill
I've learned how to finally arrange my schedule for ME time and travel and experiences and sleep.
I'm finally living a life of sufficient sleep, outings, fun,etc but I had to give up my job, my family, my love, my commitments...
It is teaching me something, however.
Post a Comment