While working in the inner-city of Harlem, NY I kept a blog about the life lessons I learned. Some days I was far too idealistic, while others I was picking myself up out of the gutter. But in the end I'm grateful for it all.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
You have those moments in time when the flow of life seems to be going your way. You are chilling and the world around you is spinning…and the whole time you think ‘this is good. I think I’m doing ok at this living thing.’ OR you are in a friendship/relationship with someone. And you think again ‘this is good. We are just hanging and talking and laughing’. then opps. The real opinions come out. You find out that you are not doing as well as you thought. Not giving something or someone what they expected or needed. This is not always your fault (usually partially…but not entirely). and there it is. During these days or times we can’t help ourselves but ask the questions: what did I miss? Where did I go wrong? How long should I have known that I was below average? Huh. Well. No tears or anything. Just a…lets see. Reality check for an idealistic girl. i tend to not like reality checks. I enjoy my colorful spin I put on life. Things are a lot brighter in my colorful mind. Yet alas this happens. It has to happen. To bring be down to normal…so I can recolor everything again. Ok, enough with the colors. But really. Really truly. Life is a circular process. You stand. You fall. You stretch (sally o’malley). And you keep going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment