the world is one tuff cookie. Sweet mercy. It is what it is. But it is NOT ok. We all know this. But sometimes it becomes overwhelming. You see 'this or that' which has to be fixed. And a person who is at the bad end of an injustice. A child in a foster home. A kid struggling with morals. A parent teaching stereotypes to their child: and their child knowing no better.
There are proposals to write. And conversations to have. And tears to cry. And hope to live on. Ah hope! You are my lifeline. My phone a friend. Yes Regis, I don’t know how I’m going to make it to the end of the day…I would like to phone a friend…HOPE. Eeee!
Today I was like ‘nope world. No thank-you. Could you just go ahead and fix all the sad? I would appreciate it.’ Because this is hard and I am struggling. And changes are slow and not always steady.
The only thing I know to do is breathe and reconnect to why. Why I am here. Soo..i had a meeting with a 5 year old. meetings with kids always make me happy. She was funny. i asked her if there is anything she would like to say to me…she replied, “you look like money.” I asked her why. She didn’t know (interesting, interesting). I told her that she looked like happy. She said that she is happy. I asked why? And she pointed at me. brilliant.
And I was back in it again.
Sad exists. But we are stronger.
Hate exists. But we are wiser.
Fear exists. But we are LOVE.
I need to hold onto the belief that all is good.
that LOVE is powerful
that laughter will heal all wounds of sadness.
And we can do this.
Change the world for good.
Make things better.
For them. For you. For me.
For us. Collectively.
It will be good.
It will be LOVE.
Cause it can not be anything else.
No comments:
Post a Comment