While working in the inner-city of Harlem, NY I kept a blog about the life lessons I learned. Some days I was far too idealistic, while others I was picking myself up out of the gutter. But in the end I'm grateful for it all.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Dude! life, right? no but seriously. there are so many things that i don't know. today someone told me "stacey, you have to be a little more tough. protect yourself" poo. i don't like living in a world that i have to be tougher...i like assuming the best about everyone. ok, so i know that everyone is not on my side or holding pom poms yelling "go stacey!". but how many people are really that bad? maybe its just my lack of memory. someone wrongs me...i'll usually forget about it in a few days. BLAH! and now here i am trying to understand how i can be tough. punch the air a few time. watch some karate kid. listen to eye of the tiger. maybe that will get me tough. but wait, nope it won't. i have the heart of a lamb. my only hope is putting the costume of a lion on and trying to foul people. i'll think they'll just laugh at me. still, i'm going to try. i have too. in a world of lions (or so people say) i need to try to fit in, cause i don't want others to feel like they can walk all over me. none of that. so watch out...cause here comes my growl and my lion costume...just know all the while i'm inside of the costume thinking this is ridiculous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment